Baxter Johnson Contracting is a comprehensive site development company located in Raleigh, North Carolina. The company was founded in 1954 by Brady Johnson’s grandfather, J. Baxter Johnson, Jr.
This third-generation, owner-operated firm has a proud history of serving the Triangle region, literally building the company up from the dirt. Brady’s grandfather and father were hands-on running the machinery that excavated and graded land. Under Brady’s leadership, the company has tripled in size and is capable of performing virtually any scope of work.
Why choose Baxter Johnson?
We put ourselves in the shoes of the owner and work to create a product that will exceed expectations for years to come. As Brady has said, “My family name is on the door, so we want to be proud of every job that we do.”
We are big enough to handle large-scale projects, small enough to provide unsurpassed personal attention to your job. We believe that it’s our personal interaction on every job with every customer that differentiates us and enables us to provide unmatched satisfaction. This philosophy has led to many repeat customers who continue to call on us to provide additional services after completing an initial project.
We’re known for:
- Ability to handle projects in a wide range of size and complexity:
from small shopping center parcels to 100-plus acre developments
- Professionalism in everything we do
- Proactive and responsive project management
- Quality work and flawless safety record
- On-time, in-budget track record with the region’s leading builders
NC Unlimited Licensed General Contractor #58977
H – Highway/Heavy
PU – Water & Sewer Lines
Brady oversees the management, marketing, and finance of Baxter Johnson, and ensures compliance with relevant environmental, regulatory and safety matters. He also leads networking and marketing efforts with customers and industry associations.
- Over 20 years of management experience in construction, public accounting and consulting, bringing a breadth of knowledge to the business and its clients.
- Has worked in every capacity with the Company and in addition to his current role has worked as a laborer, truck driver, and equipment operator.
- Brady holds a B.S. degree from N.C. State University and an MBA from Carnegie Mellon University.
Brad manages the field operations for the Company. Previously, he has worked as a laborer, truck driver, operator, and foreman and has over 20 years of experience managing large and small site development projects.
- Brad is an expert in understanding site layout and design, and works to value-engineer every one of his projects.
- Key responsibilities include oversight of all site work, grading, and utility projects as well as coordination with owners, engineers, and inspectors.
- Responsible for directing the project managers and foremen on-site and supervising subcontractors.
Dawn oversees accounting and human resources for the company. In addition to these roles:
- Dawn coordinates our safety and insurance programs and ensures compliance with regulatory matters.
- She brings 20 years experience in financial accounting and small business management to Baxter Johnson Contracting.